Cost Control Engineer
Job title Cost Control Engineer.
Line Manager Cost Control Manager.
Section Cost Control.
Department Project control.
– Following-up and implementing cost control plans and preparing the required reports on time, including effective analyses for project costs, making sure that highest level of performance has been achieved consistent with the approved project plan.
Subordinates No. Direct Subordinates: N/A
Total Subordinates: N/A
Main Duties and Responsibilities
– Implement cost control plans on time and coordinate with the project managers, technical offices and tender department for collecting all data and required documents and making sure it is correct.
– Study and analyze items of technical works, the stages and period of project implementation, project needs, lists of quantities and other cost elements, prepare tables of cost estimate and balance of project implementation and submit it to the line manager for revising.
– Study the items of direct and indirect costs for identifying cost centers according to that and upload the expense items on its cost center and review it with the line manager.
– Prepare the reports of project cost control, including statements of project estimated costs compared to the actual costs, submit the reports to the line manager, analyze deviations, explain the reasons for the expected risks and suggest the corrective and preventive actions to be taken.
– Follow-up with project managers the position of projects towards the timelines, requirements and new work items, study the effect of that on direct and indirect expenses and update project balances according to the line manager directions.
– Prepare reports that include the comparisons between the actual prices for project needs and the specified price at studies explaining deviations and its effects and coordinate with a procurement department to study the ability of cost control.
– Prepare an integrated and updated database includes the costs of every project element to be a reference for the estimation of the future project costs.
– Help the line manager to prepare the reports and final statistics that reflect the final costs of technical work items of the project.
– Technical affairs sector
– Financial affairs sector
– Procurement and stores sector
– Project sectors
Educational Qualifications and Training programs
– Bachelor Degree in Engineering.
– Specialized studies in planning.
– 5/7 years of experience in the field.
– Ability to use the computer and its applications.