The project is composed of a twin car road tunnel that is considered a national project, as it is expected to boost the economic growth. The tunnels will cross the old and new Suez Canal, north of the city of Ismailia, connecting the Sinai Peninsula with the Nile Delta.
Scope of work
Engineering, procurement, construction, installation, and commissioning of two twin car tunnels passing under Suez Canal – Ismailia with approximate:
- Length of 4.8 Km/each
- Internal diameter of 11.40 m.
- External diameter of 12.60 m.
- Tunnel Slope: 3%
- Deepest point: 53 m from sea level
- Execution method: TBM and open cut methods
- Machine type: Mix shield
- Machine Shield diameter : 13,020 mm
- Machine Drive power: 3,500 kW
- Geology: Sand, clay
|Field:||Transport – Tunneling|
|Client:||Ministry of Defense- Engineering Authority of the Egyptian Armed Forces|
|Consultant:||CDM-SMITH & ACE consulting engineering|
|Project duration:||2015 – 2018|
|Project value:||13,000,000,000 EGP|